Paddock Park in Fort Worth, TX: The city’s most beloved recreation spots
Paddock Park is located in Fort Worth, TX, and is one of the city’s most beloved recreation spots. With 141 acres of green space, the park is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts looking to spend time in nature, whether fishing, riding bikes, walking dogs, or simply having a picnic. The park is in the heart of Fort Worth, but the surrounding area is mainly residential, so it feels like a secluded country escape. Learn more here.
The land where Paddock Park sits dates back to 1887 when James W. Paddock bought the property from the Tarrant County government to use it for farming. However, in the 1950s, Mayor Erik Jonsson saw the potential in the land to be used as a park. As a result, the city of Fort Worth purchased the land in 1956 and opened Paddock Park to the public in 1957. Learn more about Bass Performance Hall in Fort Worth, TX: A favorite among international travelers.
Today, Paddock Park is a popular spot for locals, who enjoy the park’s many recreational amenities. Two walking trails – totaling more than three miles – that wind through the park, passing by its many ponds, streams, and wooded areas. The lake in the north-central part of the park is stocked with channel catfish and is home to many other species of fish and wildlife.